Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej
RSS
Załatw sprawę w Urzędzie
Ogłoszenia Urzędu Miasta
  • wersja standardowa
  • Wersja kontrastowa
Aktualności

Revitalisation program of the town

The local authorities intend to renovate the town centre and to create a new heart of the town. This intention was included in the adopted Local Revitalisation Program of the Town of Trzebinia. The area covered by the Program includes the Market Place, the Small Market, the area adjacent to the main building of the Town Hall in Trzebinia, the surroundings of the Trzebinia Communal Services Building and the following streets: Ochronkowa, Kościuszki, Narutowicza and Handlowa.

The building of a modern, two-level car park near the town market, the redevelopment of the surface of the Market Place, the renovation of the communal buildings in its neighbourhood and the construction of two new tenement houses was adopted as a priority project.

 

The first stage of the Revitalisation Program of the Town of Trzebinia - the redevelopment of the surface of the Market Place, the building of the car park and the renovation of the communal buildings in the town centre – realized in 2011, was co-financed by the Administration Council of the Lesser Poland Province (Zarząd Województwa Małopolskiego) within the framework of the Regional Operational Program of Lesser Poland for the years 2007-2013, Operation 6.1: Urban Development, Scheme A: Projects implemented within the framework of revitalisation programs only.

 

See more pictures

Nature trails and cycling routes

The smooth hills of the Trzebinia District are perfect for hiking and cycling. Part of Dulowa, Psary, Bolęcin, Karniowice, Młoszowa, Myślachowice, Lgota and Piła Kościelecka lie within the borders of the Jurassic Landscape Park and the historic park of the Palace and Park Complex in Młoszowa and the Ostra Góra Nature Reserve belong to the Cracow Valleys Landscape Park.

 

The numerous nature trails of the Trzebinia District lead to important landmarks, historical monuments and the most attractive places in terms of scenery or natural interest. Such places, called "the Green Pearls of Trzebinia", are connected by three special nature trails.

 

Cycling fans will find attractive routes in Trzebinia which are not only beautiful, but also of great natural and educational interest. Their total length is 116 km. Long-distance cyclists can take the red route (49.1 km) leading around the whole district.

 

 

Trails connecting „the Green Pearls of Trzebinia”:

Orange (approx. 15 km)

Blue (approx. 10 km)

Green (approx. 15 km)

 

Trails nearby Lgota village:

Blue from Lgota (3,8 km)

Green from Lgota (4,0 km)

 

Trails to other directions:

Blue to Filipowice (11,1 km)

Blue to Rudno (24 km)

Black to Primeval Forest in Dulowa (3,8 km)

Black to trail to Olkusz (4,7 km)

 

 

The Sanctuary of the Mother of God of Fatima in Trzebinia


 

In 1901 the Slavatorian monks founded a new order in Trzebinia – the first one in the Polish territory. In 1903 they bought 3 ha of land at the railway station for monastery buildings and a church. In 1910 the cornerstone of the church building was consecrated but the construction works were interrupted by the outbreak of World War I. The works were only resumed in 1954 and the church was completed in 1961. The church and the monastery are surrounded by a spacious park with the stations of the Way of the Cross with statues by the sculptors J.J. Noworola from Cracow.

The Church of the Holiest Heart of Jesus in Trzebinia is famous for its miraculous statue of the Mother of God of Fatima brought from Fatima in 1962. In 1867 the figure was moved to a separate chapel and in 1997 it was ceremoniously crowned with the papal crowns and the church became a Sanctuary of the Mother of God of Fatima (the first night vigil was held 47 years earlier on 13th May 1950).

 

In 2013 sanctuary was raised to honor of Basilica Minor. 

The Zieleniewski Manor House

 

The beginnings of the manor can be dated back to the 13th century, however the first brick building was most probably erected when Trzebinia belonged to Dziersław Karwacjan (2nd half of the 14th century). Earlier estate buildings were made of wood. The last proprietors were Marian Zieleniewski and his wife Paulina, coming from Borysław; their name has left in the manor’s name till now. They bought Trzebinia estate in 1920.

 

The manor represents several characteristic features of Old Polish manors; for example, a broken mansard roof (also known as a Polish roof) and a four-column portico. On the basis of preserved records, it is assumed that this shape was given to the manor probably not later than in the 1st half of the 17th century. Earlier, however, it was a residential tower, which served as a watchtower on the road between Olkusz and Okleśna, where lead and silver ore was transported.

 

The Zieleniewskis purchased the manor in a much neglected condition; therefore they carried out extensive redecoration between 1925 and 1929. By the way, they changed the arrangement of rooms and thoroughfares inside the manor, and built a terrace on the east side of the manor and a balcony on the first floor.

 

In reply to a civil initiative that attempts to save the deteriorating building, in 1983 the estate manor together with the lot where it is situated have been repurchased from the Zieleniewski family by the Treasury. Renovation works started in 1990. At present, the Zieleniewskis manor belonging to the commune of Trzebinia is a place of numerous concerts, exhibitions and meetings with interesting people organized by the Trzebinia Culture Center. Also, the manor offers guest rooms of high standard, and stylish basements hold a restaurant and a coffee house.

 

The Zieleniewski Manor House
47a Piłsudski St., 32-540 Trzebinia
tel. +48 32 62-22-368
www.dwor.trzebinia.pl

St. Mary's Shrine in Płoki

 

The first brick church on the Zagajnik hill in Płoki was raised at the beginning of the 14th century (a parish was erected in 1314, and the first church could have been built in that period, whereas the existence of the parish in Płoki is confirmed by the Peter’s pence census from 1326). After a fire of 1793, the church was rebuilt in a classicistic style as a much more modest temple, which was pulled down in 1949 because of its poor technical condition. The building of a present church was completed in 1954. See more.

 

The most precious treasure of the church is a miraculous painting of the Virgin Mary and a Child from the 2nd half of the 15th century (author unknown). It is the oldest painting in Trzebinia. It was painted on a wooden plank using a tempera technique in a way imitating the Byzantine iconographic style of the Hodegetria, with an acanthus motive imprinted on a chalky and gilded background. The fame of the painting contributed to its coronation with papal crowns in 1982. The second valuable item – a full-size crucifix from the beginnings of the 14th century – is now located in the church in Psary.

 

The shrine to the Virgin Mary – the patron of Polish Workmen’s Families is one of important centres of the Marian cult in the Kraków archdiocese, whose fame can be traced back at least to the 1st half of the 17th century. In 2007, the shrine was placed (likewise the shrine to the Virgin Mary of Fatima on Salwator, Trzebinia) on a route of an international pilgrimage trail from Częstochowa to Mariazell in Austria.

 

 

Church open during masses and church services

Masses on weekdays: 7.00, 18.00

Masses on Sundays and holidays: 7.30, 11.00, 18.00

Church fair: the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Sunday after September 8th

 

 

The Sanctuary of Mother of God, the Patron of Polish Working-Class Families
32-543 Płoki
2 Główna St., Płoki
tel. +48 32 61-37-163

Tourism and active relaxation

Forests, blooming meadows and other worth seeing sights which could satisfy your need to be close to nature are not in short supply in Trzebinia commune. This warm invitation is directed to all the people interested in hiking along numerous tourist trails, cycle paths as well as didactic paths that lead to the most interesting spots in the commune. You can get to know the value of the Dulowa Primeval Forest thanks to the wildlife-forest path, whereas three hiking trails will take you to other attractive places in the commune.

 

The followers of active relaxation in water are particularly advised to visit the recreational resorts on the Chechło reservoir, the Kozi Bród, summer time open-air swimming-pool called "Balaton" and try attractions offered by the "Aqua Planet" indoor swimming-pool in Trzebinia.


Touristic routes

 

We would like to warmly invite everyone who is interested in hikes on trails, bicycle paths and teaching paths that lead through the most interesting spots of nine village groups of Trzebinia.

 

 

Orange Trail


• The trail begins nearby the Zespół Pałacowo - Parkowy in Młoszowa (Park and Palace Complex in Młoszowa) and leads through Góra Bartoska (Bartoska Mountain), nature reserve Ostra Góra, the hill Bialny Dół in Psary and a rock called Martwica Karniowicka to a unique in Europe kurghan (a kind of grave situated under the artificial mound of earth) in Karniowice.


The touristic path begins at the Zespół Pałacowo - Parkowy in Młoszowa on the left side of Krakowska Street; you can get there from the centre of Trzebinia on the bus no. 315. Right after the main gateway you have to go left then cross a stone bridge and a little square covered with limestone flagstones close to a palace. A smaller and sharp gateway leads to a park located on a hillwhich is a great place to admire the resources of nature of Trzebinia.The special specimens of a lime tree, tulip tree, magnolia and dogwood became monuments of nature.


The trail leads straight along Florkiewicz Street then nearby bus stop Młoszowa Góra I (Młoszowa Hill I) it turns right behind a little bridge to Góra Bartoska Street and leads further to Góra Bartoska overgrown by interesting mix of many tree and plant species. The trees on the top of the hill and the fields on the east side of the hill make the way not easy to pass; that is why the trail turns back towards Florkiewicz Street.


By the bus stop Młoszowa Góra II the trail turns right to Karniowiecka Street. Along with the last buildings of the hill a tarmac road is over and trail changes into a dirt road kept in good order. On a crossroad you have to turn right to go to the nature reserve Ostra Góra created to protect Carpathians beeches. Among young trees that overgrow Ostra Góra there also are fancy bent beeches above 200 year-old, moreover, along the ridge of the hill you can find traces of former development heading and ruins called locally "Owczarnia".


The trail leads to the East through a path at the end of the reserveand then it goes to Ostra Góra Street in Psary. Behind the bus stop Ostra Góra the trial turns left into a path that leads to the hill Bialny Dół in Psary where once limestone was extracted. It is one of the most beautiful places of nature in that villageyou can find there protected species of plants and many other species of flowers and bushes.
The path bypasses the hill and leads to Wiśniowa Street in Psary then it leads down to the South through Modrzewiowa Street and Piaskowa Street and then Jana Pawła II Street in Psary and Władysława Łokietka Street in Karniowice. The trail turns left in Karniowice to Głogowa Street and goes to paths leading to Wyżynka Karniowiecka. There are outcrops of the rock called Martwica Karniowiecka, which is a unique in a geological scale. The second place of Martwica is situated in a nearby forest called Wyrąb.


The trail backs from Wyżynka Karniowiecka through Głogowa Street to Łokieteka Street, then it turns left to Spacerowa Street and leads to a modern cemetery in Karniowice built up as a form of a kurghan.
The further path goes to the west direction along Spacerowa Street then through Spacery Street and then you will find yourself in Florkiewicza Street above the Zespół Pałacowo-Parkowy in Młoszowa from where you can get to the centre of Trzebinia on the bus no. 315.

 

Blue Trail


• The trail begins in Piła Kościelska by Zalew Chechło then passes by the rifle range of the Hunting Club „Diana" and leads to Skalna Street in Bolęcin and placed close to very unique in such a form of Triassic Rock then through the historic park in Bolęcin and around a stud farm right to the reservoir Gliniak.

 

The tourist path begins at the south bank of the Zalew Chechło, which is the biggest reservoir in the commune then it leads southeast along the reservoir bank through Chrzanowska Street. Next, the trail turns right and goes up through Graniczna Street in Piła Folwarczna, after that it passes by top of the hill at 305 m above sea level, subsequently turns left along Graniczna Street and leads down through Dębowa Street. The path crosses Krakowska Street and goes deep into a forest.


On the another side of a railroad line coming from Chrzanów-Stella to Bolęcin the trail turns left and comes out of the forest nearby the rifle range of the Koło Łowieckie (Hunting Club) "Diana" of Chrzanów.


Then the path goes parallel to Krakowska Street, at first through a dirt road at an edge of the forest and next along Skalna Street to a place where a unique (in a scale of Europe) rocky formation called Skałka Triasowa (Triassic Rock) is situated on a small hill. The top of the hill guarantees a great view to the local places and geological formation of Niecka Dulowska and Pagóry Jaworznickie.


The path leads further through a ridge of the hill to Kamienna Street. Then you can go down to Zakopiańska Street and from that place go to a park in Bolęcin or choose a dirt road which leads on the back of the buildings parallel to Zakopiańska Street. The another path will let you see a structure of stones that were used for building a wall surrounding the school in Bolęcin derived from the similar period like Skałka.


The trail goes to the back of the Ośrodek Zdrowia w Bolęcinie (the Health Centre in Bolęcin) and then leads through a park situated on a side of the Hill in Bolęcin. There are 6 of 27 trees and bushes that are protected species in the village as live monuments of nature. The path ends at reservoir "Gliniak"; we can go there if we turn from Handlowa Street in Bolęcin to Krakowska Street, and then turn right to Rekreacyjna Street and after a level crossing turn to Wczasowa Street.

 

 

 

Green trail


• The trail begins in the centre of Myślachowice then it goes through dirt roads and leads though tracts to interesting geological formations called Cisowe Skałki in Czyżówka, subsequently, it leads through tracts down the meanders of the brook called Kozi Bród to a place in Płoki where priest Michał Rapacz died. Next it leads straight to the Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Patronki Polskich Rodzin Robotniczych w Płokach (the Sanctuary of The Blessed Virgin The Patron Saint of Polish Workers' Families in Płoki).

 

The tourist path begins close to The Dom Kultury w Myślachowicach (The Community Centre in Myślachowice) from where it turns left to 22 Lipca Street, then turns right to Łąkowa Street that with last buildings changes into a dirt road and leads to a valley of river Kozi Bród.


Next, the trial goes deep into a forest and turns towards the northwest and leads to a tract parallel to the river. Nearby Czyżówka the trail turns right and come out of the forest near a little bridge by the river Kozi Bród. After crossing the bridge the path turns left to Długa Street and then turns right to Skalna Street. About halfway the path turns left to a tract and leads through sandy hills to the hill Cisowa and to place nearby geological formations called Cisowe Skałki.


From that place the trail goes down to the valley Kozi Bród leading down gently from Stara Czyżówka and Wilcza Góra to the west directionthen crosses the road from Czyżówka to Płoki and goes deep into the forest, going to the river Kozi Bród.


Next, the trail goes through a narrow path down the meanders of river Kozi Bród to the ruins of an old dam. From that place the trail goes slightly up through a sandy side of the hill, turns to the east to a path, which leads almost to the bus stop on Kasztanowa Street in Płoki.


When you cross Kasztanowa Street the trail leads through a tract at the end of buildings to the cross that is a reminiscence of the martyrdom death of priest Michał Rapacz who was a rector of Płok in years 1937 - 1946. From that place the trail leads through Źródlana Street and Główna Street to the Sanctuary of The Virgin Mary in Płoki that is situated about 1 km from the Cross. The Sanctuary is surrounded by beautiful trees. Three of them are listed as species that are live monuments of nature.

 

 


Tourist Information

 

A place that every tourist may visit is the Promotion and Foreign Co-Operation Unit. The staff speak foreign languages and will be glad to give you thorough and up-to-date information about the city and region. Unfortunately the office is not open seven days a week, so at weekends you must enquire about tourist information and cultural events at the www.trzebinia.pl.

 

Promotion and Foreign Co-Operation Unit
Chief: Ewa Jędrysik-Marczuk
Narutowicza 10 St., Trzebinia
Tel. + 48 32 61-10-204
e-mail: Ten adres pocztowy jest chroniony przed spamowaniem. Aby go zobaczyć, konieczne jest włączenie obsługi JavaScript.

 

 

 

 

 

Park and palace complex in Młoszowa

 

The works lasted dozen or so years and were carried out to lend credence to the made up story and chivalric tradition of the Florkiewicz family, which originated from the middle class. In the 1850s, buildings designed at the beginning of the 19th century were added a stylized entrance gateway and a large pond in the front and the entire area together with a park was surrounded with a rough stone wall. The reconstruction of the very manor started in the end of the 1850s. On January 11th, 1862, the “reconstructed” castle was consecrated and made available to visitors. Architecture details, window shape, towers, epitaphs and a stone plaque put up on the northern wall of a loggia ‘commemorating’ the events made up by the owner were supposed to suggest further changes in the form and history of the building.

 

The entire southern part of the castle built by Juliusz Florkiewicz does not exist these days, because after taking over the possessions by the grandson of the Florkiewicz family - Juliusz Potocki – in 1898, the residence was extensively rebuilt taking the then fashionable French design into consideration by an architect from Kraków - Zygmunt Hendel. Also Baszta Kozacka, Rondel Hajduków and other buildings did not survive, pulled down after the World War II.

 

Since the end of construction works of Florkiewicz, visitors were invited to the castle. No matter whether they believe in the authenticity of the story presented by the owner or not, they visited the Młoszowa possessions in great numbers to see the “monuments” reserved there. The owner of the manor himself anonymously published in ‘Tygodnik Ilustrowany’ in 1865 a fictitious story of the castle in an attempt at lending credence to its existence and raising the importance of the Młoszowa possessions. People who visited the castle left their entries in a visitor’s book. While reading them, we can conclude that the “ancient” castle in Młoszowa was found unique, even if not because of its slightly suspicious historic value. It was considered a charming and hospitable place that evoked many events from the history of Poland.

 

Currently, the park-palace complex has a shape of a neo-Gothic object consisting of a manor and an adjacent chapel situated in a 17-hectare park full of old trees, which was established in 1824. The park is surrounded by a wall with a tower and the Belwederski bastion. The park-palace complex in Młoszowa is one of the points of the Renaissance trail in the Lesser Poland. For more information on the project, see here.

 

The Palace and Park Complex in Młoszowa
1 Florkiewicza St., 32-540 Trzebinia
tel. +48 (32) 62-22-368

Transportation

The most important transport hubs for visitors coming to Trzebinia include the Railway, the A4 highway and the road 79 Kraków - Katowice.


1. Railway

The main rail carrier in Poland is the state-owned PKP (Polskie Koleje Państwowe). Current train timetables in four languages and ticket price information are available on the PKP website http://www.pr.pkp.pl/ There’s also a train information desk in the main hall of the Railway Station. Unfortunately you’re not going to get much useful information there if you don’t speak Polish.


The Railway Station is located at Dworcowa Street, in the centre of Trzebinia, 20-25 minutes’ walk from the Town Square (Rynek). The only route from the station to the Square will be to go straight Kościuszki Street, then turn left into Ochronkowa Street.


Telephone information services:
PKP information in Trzebinia: (+ 48) 32 393 11 26


2. Local Public Transport


In Trzebinia the public transport network provide ZKKM w Chrzanowie (Związek Komunalny "Komunikacja Międzygminna"). Usually buses run twice an hour. There are daytime normal routes, designated by black numbers from 9 to 51, and special routes, designated by black letters: L, X, M-P and K.


ZKKM information Chrzanów, tel. (+ 48) 32 623 22 50
http://www.zkkm.pl/rozklady/

It’s worth noting that at weekends and after 8 p.m. on weekdays normal route buses run rarely.


Single-ride tickets can be bought at newsagents’ and also from bus drivers (there’s a PLN 0.40 surcharge if you buy a ticket from the driver, regardless of what kind of ticket it is). They are only valid for one ride without any transfers. See the prices of tickets


3. Private buses


In addition to the ZKKM-owned public transport company, there are also cheapest private operators in Trzebinia, who operate the same routes. They have their own schedules of fares, collected by the drivers on those buses.


4. Taxis


As in any other city, it’s a good idea to ask about the fare to avoid a surprise when paying for the ride.
Taxi-rank in Trzebinia

  • PKP Trzebinia tel. (32) 611 04 48
  • Town Square tel. (32) 612 12 88
  • Chrzanów tel. (32) 623 05 30

5. PKS Kraków S.A. carrier company


Information
stationary phone TP SA: 0-300-300-120
stationary phone NETIA: 0-701-374-445
mobile *720-81-20



6. Bicycle


In Trzebinia there is no cycle hiring establishment. If you travel by bike and need some technical help, you can visit „Autobike”, situated in market square.
Bicycle service „Autobike”, Trzebinia, Plac Targowy kompl. B
Tel. (32) 611 04 34
Open:

Mon. – Fri. 9.00 a.m to 5 p.m.    

Sat. 9.00 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Postal services

Letters in Poland are delivered by Polish Post. Its postal services include:
- ordinary letters, delivered within three working days after posting within Poland and within six days if sent abroad;
- priority letters, if posted in Trzebinia before 3 p.m., they will be delivered the next day within Poland, within three working days within Europe, and within six working days after posting if addressed to other parts of the world.

 

Addresses of post offices:


Trzebinia, Piłsudskiego 2 St., tel. 032 612 13 78
Trzebinia, Dworcowa 10 St., tel. 032 612 10 74
Trzebinia, os. Gaj bl. 22, tel. 032 612 21 09

History

The first mentions on Trzebinia date back to the 12th century. As far as the locality itself is concerned, a parish which probably was established in the 13th century is known to have existed there as early as in 1325. The name of the settlement derives from the Polish verb ‘trzebić' [to thin a forest or a tree stand].

 

Initially, the aforesaid verb meant ‘forest clearance' so as to gain some areas for arable crops. In 1415, the king Wladislaus Jagiełło conferred upon Trzebinia the Magdeburg and the mining law which governed the rules of winning zinc and lead ores. Nicolaus Kezinger became the owner of the estate; in the second half of the 16th century, the estate mentioned was taken over by George Schilchra [who afterwards assumed the name Trzebinski]. The said family was wielding the locality till the beginning of the 19th century. Successive owners were, among others, Charles Estreicher, Caroline Pichocka and August Raczynski.

 

 

 

Market Square - on the rigth the entry of Krakowska Street (beginning of the XX century)

 

 

The same place in 2011

 

 

 In 1817, Trzebinia was incorporated by decision of the Senate of the Free City of Cracow. The successive development of Trzebinia was due to the railway line, led up in 1847, as well as to an intensive development of various branches of industry.

 

In the 19th century, the areas of the Dabrowa Basin and the Cracow Republic constituted the largest European and the second world-wide [after the USA] centre of zinc mining and smelting industry in Europe. Trzebinia was situated in the Cracow Republic as a part of the district of Free City of Cracow. The period of the 19th and the 20th centuries was characterised by an intensive development of industry, especially of the raw materials branch. There were commissioned coal mines, zinc smelters and glass works.

 

 

The railway station at the beginning of the XX century

 

 

The same place in 2011

 

At the end of the 19th century, there was inaugurated the first local calamine pit mine in Trzebionka. Thereafter, another industrial objects, among others the ‘Zbyszek' coal mine, a pump fittings plant, an iron foundry, a stone processing plant, brickyards, an oil refinery, a wood preservation plant, a cement plant, a power plant and a vegetable oil products factory, started their operation.

 

Ended the World War Two and reborn the local industry, Trzebinia became one of the most industrialised towns in Poland. The economic transformations, that have taken place of late, have contributed to a certain limitation of the heavy-industry character of Trzebinia. Despite an appreciable degree of industrialisation, as much as 43% of the commune area is wooded. The wooded areas are an excellent shelter for a large number of rare plants [Turk's cap lily, Streptopus amplexifolius, smooth carline, Veratrum lobelianum] and animals [boar, racoon dog, black grouse, crane, otter, beaver].

 

 

 

Historic places and monuments in Trzebinia

The most important elements of the town’s medieval urban design was the manor house of the owner of Trzebinia, the parish church and the ore transport route. Later on it was complemented by the Market Square where there was a sheep fair on St. Stanislav’s Day. At present the Market Square is larger and adorned with a fountain and plants. The surrounding tenement houses have been thoroughly renovated.

The remaining elements of the architectural plan have also been transformed – in the 17th century the manor house of the town’s owners, designed as a classicist building, the Zieleniewski Manor House (at present it belongs to the Trzebinia Cultural Centre), replaced the residential castle tower dating from the Middle Ages and in 1928 the late baroque St. Peter’s and Paul’s Parish Church was demolished and a new one was erected in its stead. Some of its furnishings come from the earlier church buildings that existed in the same place. They include the early baroque side altar, the baroque paintings of the four Evangelists and the Mother of God with Child, three crucifixes (one in the gothic and two in the early baroque style), the statue of St. Barbara and the rococo altar crucifix.

 

Another much older church building – the church on Zagajnik Hill in Płonki (approx. 5 km away from Trzebinia) dating from the 14th century – did not preserve its original form either. The Sanctuary of the Mother of God – the Patron of the Polish Working Families has been one of the most important centres of the cult of the Virgin Mary in the Cracow Archdiocese since at least the early 17th century. In 2007 it was placed together with the Sanctuary of the Mother of God of Fatima in Trzebinia on the international pilgrimage route from Częstochowa to Mariazell in Austria.

 

 THE PALACE AND PARK COMPLEX IN MŁOSZOWA

In the village of Młoszowa close to Trzebinia there is a monument with a remarkable history. In the mid 19th century the Florkiewicz family built a residence where once the 17th century manor house stood before it fell into ruin. The appearance of the residence suggests it is a medieval castle. Kajetan Florkiewicz, a solicitor from Kęty – who had been newly knighted – wanted to pass for old nobility and the fake ancient family residence was supposed to help him make that impression. The reconstruction of the manor house in the fashion of a medieval castle was completed by his son – Juliusz Ozdoba Florkiewicz – about 1870. He pursued his scheme consistently and on a grand scale creating a remarkable residence full of surprising fictional historical references as its elements and ornamentation refer to different epochs. The owner even made a further step in creating the family myth by publishing under a pseudonym a book about Młoszowa containing historical facts mixed with legends he invented himself. READ MORE

Today the Palace and Park Complex consists of the palace part with the adjoining chapel and the 17 ha large park.

 

The Zieleniewski Manor House

The history of the manor house goes back to the 13th century, however the first stone building was probably erected only in the late 14th century. The manor house bears a lot of features characteristic for old Polish manor houses including a broken-line mansard roof (called the Polish roof) and a portico with four columns from the roadside. This shape probably dates from the early 17th century. The last residents of the manor house were Paulina i Marian Zieleniewski from Borysław and it still bears their name. They purchased land in Trzebinia in 1920. In 1983 the manor house was bought by the State from the inheritors of the Zieleniewski family. At present Trzebinia Cultural Centre organises many concerts, exhibitions and meetings with interesting guests. There are also high standard guestrooms in the Zieleniewski Manor House and in its stylish basement there is a restaurant and a cafe. READ MORE

 

ST. MARY'S SHRINE IN PŁOKI

The first stone church building on Zagajnik Hill in Płoki was erected in the early 14th century (the parish was established in 1314 and its existence is proved by St. Peter’s Record of 1326). After the fire in 1793 it was rebuilt in the classicist style as a much smaller building which was demolished due to its poor technical condition in 1949. The present church building was completed in 1954.

Its greatest treasure is the miraculous painting of the Mother of God with Child from the late 15th century by an unknown artist. It is the oldest painting in Trzebinia. The picture was painted on wood in tempera in the fashion of the Byzantine iconographic style Hogitria with an embossed motif of acanthus twigs on the golden chalk background. The famous painting was crowned with papal crowns in 1982. Another precious object from this church – a large size crucifix – is in the church in Psary now. READ MORE

 

THE SAINT MARY'S SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA IN TRZEBINIA

In 1901 the Slavatorian monks founded a new order in Trzebinia – the first one in the Polish territory. In 1903 they bought 3 ha of land at the railway station for monastery buildings and a church. In 1910 the cornerstone of the church building was consecrated but the construction works were interrupted by the outbreak of World War I. The works were only resumed in 1954 and the church was completed in 1961. The church and the monastery are surrounded by a spacious park with the stations of the Way of the Cross with statues by the sculptors J.J. Noworola from Cracow.

The Church of the Holiest Heart of Jesus in Trzebinia is famous for its miraculous statue of the Mother of God of Fatima brought from Fatima in 1962. In 1867 the figure was moved to a separate chapel and in 1997 it was ceremoniously crowned with the papal crowns and the church became a Sanctuary of the Mother of God of Fatima (the first night vigil was held 47 years earlier on 13th May 1950). READ MORE

 

 

Environment

Trzebinia is attractive for tourists owing to its beautiful woods, clean water, blooming meadows and hilly terrain. If you follow the marked nature trails you can see lots of interesting places, admire impressive views and experience the abundant wildlife.

 

The flora of Trzebinia consists in 43% of forests. One can spot here different types of forests, water rushes, xerothermic grass and plenty of protected species of plants as well as the profusion of wildlife including animals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and insects. These are the places that deserve special recommendation due to their natural, recreational and tourist values:

 

 

THE DULOWA PRIMEVAL FOREST is situated within the borders of the Jurassic Landscape Parks. In the Dulowa Primeval Forest the beavers settled in for good. Beaver - created wetlands known as fens make great habitat for new species of fauna and flora that have not appeared here up till the present day. In the Dulowa Primeval Forest it is also possible to find deer, fallow deer and boars.

 

 

BALATON RESERVOIR - the body of water placed in the heart of Trzebinia, in the disused quarry excavation. The surface of the first purity class water covers the area of approximately 3 hectares and the reservoir is on average 9,5 m deep. In the summer time it is used as a public open-air swimming-pool.

 

 

THE KOZI BRÓD is the longest river in Trzebinia. The Osowiec reservoir, which is situated on this river makes both, a well-equipped recreational resort and a perfect place for relaxation for the citizens of the commune.

 

 

 

THE CHECHŁO LAKE is the largest one in Trzebinia and makes a 54-hectare body of water. Some recreational and holiday resorts as well as water sports resorts are located here. All of them offer full catering services and water equipment rental.

 

 

THE "OSTRA GÓRA" NATURE RESERVE was founded to protect the Carpathian beech wood on the area of 7,22h. Standing timber is dominated by beeches aged 150-200 years old. About 15 species of endangered plants can be found in the reserve.

 

 

THE TRIASSIC ROCK IN BOLĘCIN is the nature monument of inanimate nature. Diploporous dolomite forms a rare monadnock mountain. Endangered species of plants grow at the bottom of the rock.

 

 

THE KARNIOWICE SINTER is a specific kind of rock, which is well-known, especially among geologists. This rare example of freshwater limestone was discovered in 1870 by a botanist from Cracow named Marian Raciborski.

 

 

SEE ALSO:

Cultural life

The cultural events in Trzebinia focus around several institutions engaging the local community in various forms of traditional and modern culture.

The Trzebinia Cultural Centre (which is a self-government institution) is the main organiser of cultural events for the inhabitants of the Trzebinia District. Every year it prepares among other things the Trzebinia Festival - the largest annual cultural event, the District Harvest Festival, town picnics, concerts as well as anniversaries and occasional events. 11 community centres arrange indoor activities and special interest club meetings for children, young people and adults. The community centres also organise activities for school children during winter and summer holidays, nativity plays and competitions.

 

In 2006 the modern "Sokół" Cinema with its air-conditioned auditorium for 216 viewers was opened in the seat of the Trzebinia Cultural Centre. Since 2007 the same building has also been the seat of the local Third Age University. There is a Regional Tourist Information Centre here, too, providing information about the region and Jura Krakowsko-Częstochowska.

 

The Trzebinia Cultural Centre includes art groups and music bands, Farmers' Wives' Associations and folklore groups representing the villages of the Trzebinia District - the award-winning „Płocanki” and „Bolęcanie” folklore groups have had considerable achievements in this field.

 

In the Zieleniewski Manor House the Trzebinia Cultural Centre organises classical music concerts, recitals of stage stars, cabaret evenings, poetry meetings, art exhibitions, ethnographic workshops and competitions. Meetings with artists and theatre actors are also very popular. Some of Poland's leading performers have appeared on this stage.

 

The inhabitants of Trzebinia cultivate the tradition of singing and making music together. The Town Brass Orchestra (formerly the Miners' Orchestra) and the „Echo” and „Milenium” choirs. Music lovers from all over Małopolska region are attracted to the outdoor opera and operetta performances staged during the Trzebinia Festival. They usually take place in the Palace and Park Complex in Młoszowa.

 

The annual events such as the Recreational Cycling Tour from Cracow to Trzebinia, the Harvest Festival, and well-liked occasional events all Poland's or international competitions are equally interesting.

 

Adam Asnyk Public Town Library in Trzebinia has been serving the local community since 16 January 1949. Originally a small institution, it has become a computerised library with approximately 200,000 volumes and nearly 100 periodicals. Its building includes a computer room, the Trzebinia Information Office and the United Nations Development Programme Library. The opening of the Media Centre aroused much interest. Its members can borrow films, music, audiobooks on different data carriers and use multimedia programmes and computers with broadband internet access.

 


Main events - cyclic cultural events:

  • 1-3 May Holidays' events
  • Special Oratorio Concert in Trzebinia
  • Recreational Bike Race Kraków - Trzebinia (April)
  • Outdoor operetta in Młoszowa (June)
  • Trzebinia’s Days (June)
  • Events on the Market Square (July and August)
  • Christmas Eve on the Market Square (December)

 

Sport and recreation

The Trzebinia District has been supporting and promoting sports activities and healthy lifestyle among the local population especially children and young people. Every year the town supports the activities of the local sports clubs (there are several in the district) and the organisation of various sports and recreational events. The biggest one is annual Recreactional Bike Race from Kraków to Trzebinia. Every time it attracts a few hundred of participants.

 

Football remains the most popular sport but volleyball, basketball, bodybuilding, table tennis, chess, eurofloorball, horse riding, rowing, hunting and floating and spinning fishing also have a number of fans.

 

The municipality conducts numerous investments in the development of sport and recreation - in recent years was built there: training ground for football players from MKS Trzebinia - Siersza, concrete skatepark in Krze and adapted space of the former bath at Mineshaft Zbyszek into a place for exercises and therapeutic and recreational activities. Also built new playgrounds and sports fields at schools and a gym in the open air at the estate ZWM.

 

TABLE TENNIS

Trzebinia can be really proud of its table tennis players from the Opoka Sports Club of the Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Virgin Mary who have participated in all-Poland sports events for several years. Opoka has dozens young members forming four table tennis teams. Here trains the whole representation of Polish people with disabilities in the category No 11 Effective-Together, who regularly win medals at European and World Championships.

 

EUROFLOORBALL

Another sports star of Trzebinia is the Parish Student Sports Club Trójka of the Elementary School No. 3. The spirit and commitment of our sportsmen and -women helped three of our teams get to the finals of the Polish Eurofloorball Championship. Trójka was the only sports club in Poland that achieved this.

 

WATER SPORTS

The riders from the Municipal Water Sports Club “Trzebinia” reach very good results on the canoeing racetrack in Poland, Europe and worldwide. The alumni of this club are included in the Polish national team at the European Championships and the World Championships in canoeing.

 

 

BATHING PLACES

There are several bathing places in Trzebinia frequented in the summer: “Balaton”, Lake Chechło, the recreational resort of the Power Plant Siersza on the banks of Kozi Bród and Lake Gliniak in Bolęcin. The indoor swimming pool complex MZN Sp. z o. o. is open all year round for citizens and tourists of all ages who can spend their time there in an interesting and active way.

 

 

Medical services

In Trzebinia there are municipal clinics supporting basic and specialized medical services to commune's inhabitants - see the details.

 

We hope you won't be needing medical care, but in case somebody else needs help, you should call an ambulance:
- In a health-loss or life-threatening emergency, call 999, the 24-hour number of ambulance service, from a fixed-line telephone or a public payphone. From a mobile phone call 112, the access number for all emergency services: police, ambulance service, and fire brigade.
- You may also seek help by calling the national free emergency phone number for foreign tourists (0 800 200 300 - from fixed-line phones only).

 

listopad 2014
PWŚCPtSN
2728293031 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

UWAGA ZMIANA DANYCH

GMINA TRZEBINIA
ul. Piłsudskiego 14
32 - 540 Trzebinia
NIP:  628-226-01-22

URZĄD MIASTA W TRZEBINI
tel. 32 6121 227
fax: 32 6121 147

Godziny pracy: 
pn., śr., czw. 7.30 - 15.30 
wtorek: 7.30 - 17.00
piątek: 7.30 - 14.00